Wednesday 18 November 2009

Targeted advertising.............arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hiya again folks
This isn't going to be a long rant......sorry meant to say "blog"!
I was not intending to blog today but last night a "targeted add" on Facebook really annoyed me.  It is quite bad enough to be targeted cos, at fifty, you are presumed to be, if female, ............................virtually incontinent and disabled from constant hot flushes and heavy sweating day and night................................but also to have an "elderly parent" who is plainly in a much worse condition than yourself........if you can believe that after all the kind of targeted advertising you are bombarded with.

I am referring to one particular advert that hit me between the eyes.........and it read something like this..............."Do you need to find somewhere for your elderly parent?"...........and the answer for me is a big NO!  Both are dead and buried sadly............................but even if they weren't I would not feel much cheered up when logging into Facebook to see THAT advert staring me in the face!

I would love to change my age and see what lovely adverts I would be targeted with if I was a young nubile 18/21 year old girl.................................................umm..........I can just imagine..........make up............fashionable clothes.....................night clubs.............................................so WHAT is wrong with us all when we hit 50 that such options are no longer considered?  I guess "fashionable clothes" went out the window when incontinence pads came in.............................................and night clubs.............well...............people of our age just don't "go there" any more do we.................?

I now have to make a confession and you will all think me very sad.....................................there is nothing I love MORE than a nice evening in and then rounding it off with a nice piece of marmite and soft cheese on toast all washed down with a hot sweet milky drink.......................but that is NOTHING to do with my age...............................................I have ALWAYS been like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment