Saturday 7 November 2009

ISA do...............ISA don't..............................

Once you have turned 50 there is every reason to say you almost NEVER forget how old you are... because society loves to remind you......  I can say that today was certainly one of those times.
You see................we took our usual Saturday morning trip out and Andrew, my hubby, needed to go into the bank.  So I waited for him.......................but as I waited for him I found myself picking up two leaflets for ISAs  ( for my international visitors this is a tax free savings account) and no prizes for guessing that one leaflet was for................................................."Normal people" and one for the "Over the Hills"!!

OKAY..........I have to admit that they were not really called that - but they may well have been because the one had to have the old "over 50s" in its title which gets my goat straight away..........and to suggest it is a "great move" when for the "normal people" one it has a nice sensible statement that simply says it is a fixed rate account".  You see...........WHY patronise us just because we are "over 50"?  Are we really no longer capable of reading and comprehending normal English?

So as a tribute to our wonderful banks I thought I would create two adverts myself...............one for "Over the Hills".....................................seen here..............



Hope you like my new "hair style" too.  I WAS trying to change my hair to a lovely "blue rinse" but this was the best I could achieve........................and now this is my special advert for all of those "Normal People" who have yet to hit the dreaded 50!



I was just SO annoyed to pick these two bank leaflets up and see that they had the SAME cartoon woman in each one.......but on the "over the hill" version she had grey hair in pig tails and glasses whilst "dancing in ballet shoes.  I suppose we should be pleased that the "over 50s" are still able to dance I guess as on the "normal" leaflet.

I can assure you all I have far more to "rant" about......sorry should that have been "blog"?!!!  Watch this space..............
Till the next time I boil over.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
PS WHERE do these clever guys get the idea that only those "over 50" are grey pray...........we know of those who never ever have gone grey..........................and many under 50 who went grey before they hit 30"!  And another thing................have they never heard of hair paint?!  I would like to see an "over 50s" leaflet with a lady sporting a red punk style!  Bring it on......yeah.......may even be MEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment